Sunday, 11 March 2012

That Missing Piece?

There is something about experience itself that information/knowledge alone cannot capture (or at least does not seem to capture). I may describe a night sky with a full moon to you in complete detail but despite my perfect description, it will not be the same as looking at the sky yourself. I might even show you a picture of the sky but even then, many will agree, that looking from your own eyes will add something else.

But then what is that missing piece? What is it that makes experiencing something more than merely knowing about it? Or perhaps there is nothing missing, and its only our ego that makes something personally experienced feel special?

1 comment:

  1. if there's nothing, that'd make us all terribly conceited. Which I think is pretty spot on.

    Oh well. All meaning is derived meaning anyway.

    ReplyDelete